In which I defend the Kardashians.

Yeah, I’m going there.

So, Kim Kardashian just posted a photo of herself (SHOCKING) on The Instagram and everyone lost their fucking minds over it. Even I was kind of like “damn son” but then I moved on with my life unlike the 139,000 people who felt it necessary to leave a comment.

HATERS IN THE BUILDING, YO.

Here’s the picture:

In which I defend the Kardashian's.

instagram

Naturally, the caption is “When you’re like I have nothing to wear LOL”. The only thing that bothers me about this photo is the lack of punctuation. I mean, I can’t really talk as my grammar skills are void of fleek, but come on Kim.

Here’s the thing. You know what I find MORE annoying than the actual Kardashian/Jenner clan? The people who HATE the Kardashian/Jenner clan. I don’t know if you haters realize this, but you are doing nothing to stop the Kardenners from existing in the spotlight. Kim has 62.5 million followers on Instagram and 41.3 million followers on Twitter. And I’d put $100 down that a LOT of those followers are people who hate her. People who want to just put her on blast for all the dumb shit/provocative photos she posts. If you just look at the comments section on any of her photos on Instagram, it’s mostly people ripping her a new one.

She, and the rest of the crew, feed off this shit. You know what would actually drive the Kardenners fucking nuts? NOT. RESPONDING.

I realize that hating the Kardenners and everything they stand for is of the norm, but the haters are louder than the people who actually do like them. If everyone just shut the fuck up about them, they might go away. (Seems unlikely, but you never know.)

You know who I don’t follow on social media? PEOPLE I DON’T LIKE.

What’s the point? Why infuriate myself with daily posts on celebrities I don’t care for and have them all up on my newsfeed? Are people just so full of rage that they need to find famous people to deflect their anger onto? WHY?

Don’t like the show?
Don’t watch it.
Don’t like the Kardenners’ constant selfies/boob shots/lack of clothing photos?
Stop following them.
Don’t like seeing them in the magazines?
Don’t buy it or WILD SUGGESTION HERE: Don’t read the page they’re on.
Hate when Buzzfeed features an article on them?
Don’t fucking click the goddamn article. RISE ABOVE AND SCROLL PAST IT.

Like, you guys. It’s not that hard to avoid the Kardenners. If you really REALLY get that worked up over just seeing them on the cover of a magazine or on Yahoo! News, you have issues, sweetheart. As much as I can’t fucking stand Donald Trump, I’m not going to melt into a tiny ball of intense anger every single time I see a picture of him with one of his insane quotes. Because I just don’t care that much. My life does not revolve around The Ridiculous Obsession With Celebrities and thank fucking Christ for that.

Besides, there are MANY other issues that people should be screaming about than Kim Kardashian showing off her naked ass body.

In which I defend the Kardashian's.

giphy

Advertisements

17 thoughts on “In which I defend the Kardashians.

1. Sophia

I’m so very little invested in celebratory culture that up until a year ago I didn’t really even know who Kim Kardashian was.

Of course I’d hear the name, but I just didn’t care.

Still don’t.

But hey, I think all the power to her. It’s so hard to love your body in the crazy photoshopped world of ours (which ironically I imagine she helps perpetuate that). Let her love hers.

2. Gary Lum (@garydlum)

I really know very little about them except they’re a TV and social media phenomenon. They don’t really intersect with my life. I agree though why the hate? Unless they are hurting people or creating a bad influence who cares?

3. britty

I highly dislike them too but as you said I just don’t listen, read or watch lol. I’ll give her one thing… at least she has a womanly body and not a twig 😉

4. Ben Gardner

That is actually the best way to get someone to go away is silence. When I tell a bad joke involving a pun and people laugh, I continue. If I tell a bad joke and people groan, even more. It’s when I hear crickets, that I stop, because any reaction will keep me going, but no reaction, just a flushed face and I go back to work.

5. raeBird

Haterade makes the social media world go right round, baby. Right round.

You know, for someone that had a baby not too long ago, she looks pretty dang gud. I’ll even forgive her for posing in a way that tilts her upper body forward to accentuate her tiny waist, which is hecka misleading to the masses. But hey, misleading is also what social media is all about.

6. Colleen

Indifference is much more harmful to the Kardashians than hate. Hate is a strong reaction which is what they want. There’s a reason that they say that there’s no such thing as bad PR. If you’re talking about them, you care. Period. Indifference, however, turns to irrelevance.

7. Brian Lageose

If I’m following your thought-line with any degree of coherency, which is questionable, because there’s been a bit of beverage-consumption in my very recent past, I believe I’m on the exact same page with you. If you are disgruntled with the self-loving antics of the Kardashians and Trumps of the world, STOP mentioning them, because the lack of publicity will destroy what little is left of their souls. (And if you have a compulsion to hate someone, because that’s just how you were improperly-raised, then focus your displeasure on the millions of mindless automatons who blindly follow vapidity. THERE’S your problem,.)

But I find this to be the keystone of your piece: “…there are MANY other issues that people should be screaming about…” Screaming can be fun, because people just need release, even the demented among us. Screaming about something that has actual value? That’s where evolution occurs…

8. Mike M

Don’t like the show?
    Don’t watch it.
    Don’t like the Kardenners’ constant selfies/boob shots/lack of clothing photos?
    Stop following them.
    Don’t like seeing them in the magazines?
    Don’t buy it or WILD SUGGESTION HERE: Don’t read the page they’re on.
    Hate when Buzzfeed features an article on them?
    Don’t fucking click the goddamn article. RISE ABOVE AND SCROLL PAST IT.

Yay!!! Someone who understands they have the ability to ignore something!

9. Blair (The Shameful Sheep)

I have no feeling towards the bunch and don’t have any interest in paying attention. I’ve clicked on one of their pictures before on Facebook some time ago. I think it was a cute photo of the little kids together. It’s really sad what people go out of their way to say to someone they dislike. The Kardenners are laughing all the way to the bank. Good job, idiots.

10. Allison

Hahaha I love this! I’m right there with you! I mean, really, to all the haters, does it really make your life that much better by taking the time to type out why you hate them so much?? It’s ridiculous. I definitely saw the picture and thought, “Whoa, she’s naked. How the hell is her stomach so flat?!” and then continued my scroll. It didn’t ruin my day or anything…..amazing! LOL. GREAT post!!